- For Print
- January 25, 2011
Company Name:Eisai Co., Ltd.
Director, President and CEO:Haruo Naito
Listed Locations:First Sections of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange
Inquiries:Yuji Matsue, Vice President of Corporate Communications
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, President & CEO: Haruo Naito) announced today that the Board of Directors of its subsidiary Sanko Junyaku Co., Ltd. resolved to change the company's corporate name at its meeting held on January 25, 2010, as outlined below.
1. Overview of Sanko Junyaku Co., Ltd.
- (1)Corporate Name:Sanko Junyaku Co., Ltd.
- (2)Registered Address:6F TMM Bldg, 1-10-6 Iwamoto-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- (3)Representative:Keisuke Watanabe, President (Representative Director)/Director of Research and Development
- (4)Scope of Business:Research and development, manufacturing, marketing, and import and export of in-vitro diagnostics, laboratory reagents, and medical devices
- (5)Capital:5,262,480,000 yen (As of September 30, 2010)
2. Overview of Corporate Name Change
(1) Reason for Change
As part of efforts to further realize its human health care corporate mission, Eisai Co., Ltd. (“Eisai”) inaugurated Eisai Japan in June 2010 as an organizational body tasked with the development and implementation of comprehensive strategies across its four Japan business segments comprising prescription pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare products, diagnostics and generics. Against this backdrop, Eisai has decided to change the corporate name of its subsidiary Sanko Junyaku Co., Ltd. in order to clearly redefine the company's position as a wholly-owned diagnostic business arm of Eisai as it seeks to make further contributions to patients by strengthening collaborations within Eisai Japan so as to provide information and products that serve a broader range of medical needs from diagnosis through treatment.
(2) New Corporate Name
EIDIA Co., Ltd.
- *The new corporate name was derived by combining the first two letters of Eisai Co., Ltd. with the first three letters of diagnosis.
(3) Scheduled Date of Name Change
April 1, 2011