1. Eisai’s Advocacy Activities
All of Eisai's activities, including its advocacy work, are based on the company’s hhc (human health care) concept. We place primary emphasis on patients and their families, striving to increase the benefits that health care provides them while conducting our business to meet their diversified health care needs worldwide. We aim to make a meaningful contribution under any health care system through our business activities around the world.
One way in which we realize this corporate concept is through our commitment to Compliance, which is a foundation stone of our company and the highest priority.
It is vital that we exercise our business judgment and take action in our business in a timely and proper manner, always in compliance with all relevant laws and ethical standards. Compliance is a cornerstone of the company's existence and is given a top priority in our corporate activities. Eisai directors, officers and employees are required to act at all times and in all their daily activities strictly in accordance with this Charter.
In our advocacy work and when interacting with healthcare professionals, medical institutions and patient organizations, Eisai commits to the following:
- Wherever it does business in the world, Eisai adheres to its own Charter of Business Conduct and Code of Conduct. In particular with regard to our advocacy work, Eisai employees adhere to the eighth article of our Charter of Business Conduct: “We will maintain open and honest relations with political and government entities.”
- Eisai complies with local industry association behavioral codes, which are based on the IFPMA Code.
- Eisai commits to meet or exceed these standards in every country in which it does business. In some cases, the requirements of national laws or codes go beyond those of the IFPMA Code. In such cases, Eisai adheres to whichever is the more stringent requirement.
2. Eisai’s Advocacy Policy
Eisai has a corporate policy to appropriately implement activities to propose and advocate new policies in order to improve and reform various issues related to public policy.
- Intellectual property
- Quality of medicines
- Ensuring Ethical Conduct and Transparency of Clinical Trials around the World
Eisai also supports IFPMA policies on global health issues, some of which are listed below:
3. Eisai’s Advocacy Activities
1) Industry Associations
As a global company, Eisai is a member of a large number of the associations around the world that represent the R&D-based pharmaceutical industry. Associations of which Eisai is a member are presented as follows. Eisai is happy to confirm whether or not it is a member of any other industry association, upon request.
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA)
- Japan Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (JPMA)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA)
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- R&D-based Pharmaceutical Association Committee (RDPAC) of China
- Organisation of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI)
- Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (AIPM) of Russia
2) Patient Groups
Eisai works at times with patient groups around the world, for example on disease awareness campaigns. We do so where this can help achieve our company's hhcconcept of increasing the benefit to patients and their families. Our interactions with patient groups are conducted in compliance with all relevant laws and ethical standards. In all countries in which we do business, Eisai adheres to the IFPMA Code, which requires that:
“All interactions with patient organizations must be ethical. The independence of patient organizations must be respected.”
We make sure that any information Eisai provides patient groups is balanced, accurate and easy to understand. Eisai does not conduct its activities with patient groups with the purpose of promoting its products or services.