- For Print
- September 13, 2017
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, CEO: Haruo Naito, “Eisai”) will launch Etak® Antimicrobial Spray α (Alpha) (classified as miscellaneous goods), which contains long-acting antimicrobial agent Etak®, on September 19 (Tuesday). This product eliminates viruses and bacteria with an antimicrobial action that lasts for one week.
Etak®, the main ingredient used in the product, is a long-acting antimicrobial agent developed by Professor Hiroki Nikawa of the Department of Oral Health Engineering at Hiroshima University's Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Sciences. An adhesive component in Etak® chemically binds the antimicrobial component to the spray area, providing an antimicrobial effect that lasts for one week.
In the home, there are many surfaces and items, such as doorknobs, bannisters, tables, flooring, and toys, to which viruses and bacteria can spread easily when touched. This product is an answer to the needs of consumers who wish to keep those viruses and bacteria at bay. We suggest habitually using Etak® Antimicrobial Spray α to eliminate viruses and bacteria in the home. Additionally, this product contains no alcohol and is both scentless and colorless, making it ideal for use on a wide variety of surfaces and items in the home.
Eisai is also marketing Etak® Antimicrobial Spray, an alcohol type spray for mouth masks which uses the same long-acting antimicrobial agent Etak®. By spraying it on a mouth mask prior to use, you can prevent viruses and bacteria from collecting on the mask for 24 hours.
Eisai remains committed to ensuring the delivery of products that satisfy the diversified needs of consumers and to making further contributions to increase the benefits provided to them.
- *This product is not effective on all types of virus and bacteria.
- *Etak® is a registered trademark of CampusMedico Co., Ltd.
Public Relations Department,
Eisai Co., Ltd.
< Notes to editors >
- Product Name: Etak® Antimicrobial Spray α (Miscellaneous Goods)
- Ingredients: Water, long-acting antimicrobial agent (compound containing ethoxysilane), solubilizing agent, stabilizing agent
- Directions for use:
- Please remove stopper when using. Returning the stopper locks the product.
- Please keep the nozzle 20-30cm away from the target and spray an appropriate amount.
- When using for the first time, please press the spray button a few times to activate the spray mechanism.
- In order to achieve a uniform spread, please wipe the surface with a cloth or other item after spraying.
- Please do not use this product upside down.
- Volume / Suggested retail price (excluding tax): 250ml / 1,280 yen
- Manufacturer: Jex Co., Ltd.
- Supplier: Eisai Co., Ltd.
< About long-acting antimicrobial agent Etak® >
Etak® was developed by Professor Hiroki Nikawa of the Department of Oral Health Engineering at Hiroshima University's Graduate School of Biomedical and Health Sciences. It is a patented long-acting antimicrobial agent (patent number: 4830075) that combines quaternary ammonium salts, which are also included in hand sanitizers and oral cleansing agents used by dentists, with a silane analogue, an immobilizing agent that functions as adhesive. When a quaternary ammonium salt is sprayed onto an object, it would normally lose its antimicrobial properties upon drying. However, with Etak®, the adhesive component chemically binds the antimicrobial component to the spray area, thereby preserving the antimicrobial effect.