- For Print
- March 25, 2014
Listed Company Name:Eisai Co., Ltd.
President & CEO
Stock Exchange Listing:First Section of the Tokyo
Eisai Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Tokyo, President & CEO: Haruo Naito, “Eisai”) announced today that, at a meeting of its Board of Directors held earlier today, it resolved to voluntarily adopt International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for consolidated financial statements in lieu of the Japanese Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (J-GAAP) it has currently adopted. Disclosure of consolidated financial statements under IFRS is scheduled to be implemented across the Eisai Group starting from the first quarter of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015.
In line with its human health care (hhc) philosophy, the Eisai Group continues to conduct its pharmaceuticals business operations in diverse markets and regions, including Japan, the Americas, Europe and Asia. In this light, Eisai has resolved to voluntarily adopt IFRS across the Eisai Group to enable readier comparison and disclosure of financial information on an international basis and thereby increase convenience to various shareholders, investors and other stakeholders both in Japan and abroad.
The disclosure schedule for the Eisai Group’s transition to IFRS is as follows (tentative):
- May 2014: Financial results and consolidated financial statements for fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, under J-GAAP*1
- June 2014: Annual financial report for fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, under J-GAAP
- August 2014: Financial results for first quarter of fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, under IFRS*2
- August 2014: Quarterly report for first quarter of fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, under IFRS*2
- *1Consolidated forecasts for fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, to be disclosed under IFRS with provisional figures for fiscal year ending March 31, 2014, included for reference purposes
- *2Includes consolidated financial statements for fiscal year ending March 31, 2014